Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gym Update



So I mentioned a few posts ago that I joined the gym.  Well so far I am really, really loving it! I try to go every day whether it's early mornings on the weekend before work or after work at around 10 or so.  I generally go in and do about 45 minutes of cardio and then a half hour of weights.  I now know how to use all the machines in the women's gym (yeah, I still don't feel comfortable in the huge gym area so to the women's gym I go!!)So far I have been able to go 5 days a week! It's been three weeks and I am already starting to see some changes in my body. I feel stronger and firmer, I have more energy, and knowing I worked out helps me keep on track with my eating habits.  I've been drinking a lot of high protein shakes and have cut out a lot of the junk I used to eat.  I started out at 134 pounds and right now I am sitting at 131.  I was a bit discouraged at first because I've been doing really well with my eating and working out and though I would have lost more. Apparently though when you're building muscle, the scale doesn't budge much because muscle weighs more than fat.  So I'm just going to try to focus on how I feel and be happy with the changes I see on the outside as opposed to just focusing on what the scale tells me (although I still would like to get down to 120!ha!)

Someone told me the best way to drop pounds is to do 10 minutes cardi0, 10 minutes of weights back and forth. I may try this after I reach a plateau.  Any helpful tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment