Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Pop of Color!

I picked up a copy of LouLou magazine the other day and came across a picture of a model with really natural makeup with a pop of color across her eyes done with a really nice cobalt blue eye-liner.  I then went into my makeup stash to see if I had anything in there to recreate this look. 






Here is my take on this. My color is a little bit more bright but I think it will look nicer in the summer with a bit of a tan (Please excuse the wide eyed look, I was trying to really show the color!!)



With my pale winter skin it was quite a stark contrast but I think it's a really nice, vibrant color. I used a creamy, water proof eye-liner pen from a brand called Styli-Style in color 176 Turquoise. It was purchased at Rexall for I believe around $7.  I'm not sure if Shopper's would carry it or not but I'm pretty certain it would be available at most Rexalls (or Pharma Plus).  It reminds me somewhat of a mixture between the Urban Decay Liquid liner in Ecstasy and Minx but for a much more reasonable price.

I really would like a liner like this but in a bright gold color.  Anyone know of any good drugstore brands that have a good metallic liner with staying power???




No comments:

Post a Comment