Sunday, January 9, 2011

Two Cheap(er) Style Alternatives

I know this is my second post today. Chances are there will be more than one per day since one of my new years resolutions was to be frugal and save, thus I will be spending more time indoors (I guess it's a good thing I started to blog, it'll help keep me occupied!)

I wanted to share a cheaper alternative to the Chanel two tone flat.  I got mine from Gap, and they only cost $49.50 Cdn as opposed to approximately $400 US for the Chanels.


These are gorgeous, but way too expensive for my taste. Perhaps when I am no longer a student and making a better income, I will indulge...then again, I think I'm too much of a bargain lover! Now that I have taunted you with these adorable shoes, let me show you a really cute, affordable version.




These are the flats I purchased just before Christmas. I have yet to wear them because...well there is a ton of snow on the ground and as much as I would love to be one of those *ballsy* Canadian girls, my toes just wouldn't be able to handle it.  They are so, so cute and reminded me so much of the Chanel flats, that I just could not resist.  They are a patent leather type of flat and as you can see, the toe is capped along with the back while the rest is a nude color.  These also tend to make your feet look smaller! For the price they are a steal, not to mention the fact that Gap now has its own Canadian site and seems to have weekly coupons and sales.  You can buy these shoes here: http://canada.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=34759&vid=1&pid=818171&scid=818171002  I know they are comfortable because they are the same style and composition as the Gap City Flat, of which I own two pairs ;)

Now, onto my next style alternative.  I know many people have been really excited about the Michael Kors Rose Gold watches.  They've been all over various magazines and the fact that they're the "boyfriend" style that is so popular right now is probably an added attraction.  Not to mention the fact that Lorraine Stanick (a Youtube fan favorite) owns one and its actually ridiculously gorgeous!


While I do reaaaally love this watch, the price tag was a bit hefty for me at just over $300 Cdn and I just could not do it.  BUT! I did come across Fossil's Rose Gold collection (new and probably limited edition) and I fell in love.  At only $170 Cdn, it was a much more reasonable price, and my boyfriend's mother decided to get it for me for Christmas to boot!

This is the one I have and it's called the Riley Multifunction Rose Gold Tone Dial Watch. Also, incase you perhaps are in the mindset that the MK watch is "better quality" or a "better bang for your buck" here's a little food for though: Fossil makes the MK watches! Fossil is the main manufacturer for many brands, including MK, Marc Jacobs, Burberry and more.

                       


I work retail and let me just say, I have people constantly asking me where my watch is from.  The champagney/rose color is just so unique and stands out against most skin colors (my flash kind of washes it out, the photo from fossil.com is a more accurate depiction of the color).  Hopefully someone can benefit from this post, or at least have an option if they're considering the more expensive version-let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment