Monday, February 21, 2011

DIY Artwork Using Old Calendar Pages

So I was at Chapter early last year and saw an old Calendar that had just expired.  It was with 12 photos of Audrey Hepburn and they were really gorgeous black and white photographs so I decided to pick it up (it was only $4) becase I figured I could use it for something.  I ended up deciding to frame them. After my sister saw this she wanted the calendar too so I ended up picking her one up as well.  Then when she went out of town, my mum decided to re-do her room(my mom loves little room makeovers). 



We picked out two cream 23x23 inch square frames which included matts, and then cut the photographs out of the calendar.  We then just placed them in the frame and voila! Instant art!

 



Imagine these pictures on a pop of wall color! They would stand out really nicely!

The one below is my favorite one of Audrey, it's a photo I had never seen before and she looks like she's so happy.  I plan on framing this one eventually when I move out.



An alternative way to frame these would be to buy an album frame (you can get them at Michael's Arts & Crafts for around $12) and frame them that way if you want a more simple line.

This is just a really good way of creating artwork on a budget, or turning your favourite calendar photos into wall-art! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment