Monday, February 7, 2011

Review: Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation

So I purchased a new foundation the other day at my local Walmart.  I have only started using liquid foundation as of last year, reason being I had tried using Mac's Studio Sculpt Foundation when it came out(recommended by a SA)and it caused one of the worst most painful breakouts I've ever had.  However, I tried once again with Makeup Forever's Matt Velvet + and had really good results.  BUT, I am starting to run kind of low so I decided to try a new, cheaper alternative.


I pretty much purchased this one because it seemed like it would match the best.  So far, it is actually a really decent foundation! It covers even better than my Matt Velvet and hides any redness and scarring even with a small amount.  It is absolutely buildable but I found I didn't need a whole lot at all.  I used a larger stippling brush that I purchased years ago on CoastalScents.com and it works wonderfully. I purchased it in the Ligh 01 Ivory shade which I think it actually a tad light for me.  It's almost perfect but gives a "colder" look.  Ill show you what I mean below: (please excuse my hair and clothing, I took this before I went to school at 8am..kind of schlubby-lookin'!!)


I am pretty damn pale with slight pink undertones (which this foundation does have) but I find that this makes me a little bit whiter than I would like.  However, this was taken directly in front of a window, so it's true color is not bad and inside without sunlight, it definitely looks better.  Perhaps if I add some blush and bronzer it will work a bit better.  Below is a picture of me wearing my Matt Velvet + :


While the shades of my matt velvet and the Maybelline Liquid are close, I find the Matt is a bit "warmer". I think I may try to mix the two and see what happens.  A couple of cons to the Maybelline Liquid Mousse foundation are that it does not stop shine as well as my MUFE Matt Velvet and it does transfer easier and definitely needs to be set with a powder.  However, I am planning on keeping this foundation and working with it to see how to make it look the best.  I guess I will just have to embrace my paleness this winter!

Note: Also, I received my E.L.F. package today so I should be able to do a couple of reviews on the items I purchased.  I just want to work with the ones that are new to me before I do a review on those.  I also repurchased one item which is in my opinion Elf's best product...stay tuned!

UPDATE!!!: I returned this foundation..sadly it broke me out on day 4..and QUITE badly might I add.  It is definitely not for acne prone skin. I don't know if I should even try another.  I seem to have terrible results! Oh well

1 comment: