Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Products I regret buying

I have had a few products laying around that I have purchased over the last 6 months or so that I really am having trouble using up.  I usually do my research before I try a new product e.g. Makeupalley.com, Youtube, other blogs, etc.  However, every now and then I am out and about and come across a product I figure is worth a try.  Well, with these products, it didn't work out so well.  I hang onto them though because I really do not want to waste..I always try to use them up or find another use for them.

  • First up is the eyelash curler.  I have always thought that all eyelash curlers were pretty much created equally.  I was dead wrong.  To be honest, there is a little "Dollar Store" (you know the ones that are called dollar stores but everything in there is between $1 and $10?) near my house.  I buy a $1 eyelash curler there all the time.  I replace it when I lose it or it gets old. It has always worked great.  However, they no longer carry it so I picked this one up at a Shoppers near my place. It is terrible! It mostly curls the outside but the middle is left almost untouched.  It also pinches at times. I just don't get it.  Anyone know what "makes" a good curler?
  • Next up is the Lorac aquaPrime. A SA at Sephora recommended it to me when I was purchasing foundation.  I told her I have really senstive skin and am prone to breakouts so she told me this was perfect. However, it is literally like putting water on your face and doesn't seem to make any difference with makeup application or make it longer wearing...no bueno!
  • Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion: Smells FANTASTIC. My problem with it is that it doesn't really absorb into the skin and just sort of sits on top.  It begins to feel filmy which is just not effective and doesn't moisturize as much as I need for these Canadian winters!
  • Infusium Leave-In Treatment: COMPLETE RUBBISH! It does not soften your hair.  It will make it crusty and crackly. If you apply too much it will leave a terrible residue. However! I have found another use for it: when I want to give my hair that crimpy, curly beachy wave look, I apply this after my mousse and then again after my hair is dry.  It helps keep the curls somewhat in place by drying it out.  Sounds weird, I know.  Rubbish as a leave-in but okay as assistance to a beachy wave look (almost like a salt treatment would do)
  • Last but not least, Got2b Glued Blasting Freeze Spray.  Don't get me wrong, this is a good hair spray but it is not good for holding curls.  This was an error on my part since I didn't correctly read the label.  It literally "freezes" your hair in place with a "blast" of spray.  I bought it before I saw Jersey Shore; this is the spray Pauly-D uses on his hair to cement it in place.  Not so good for bouncy curls I guess!
OOOKAY! Well I applaud you if you actually read this post. Hopefully someone found it interesting! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment